What it means to be green?
For us 'being green' at Create Gift Love is a given. It's at the core of everything we do and it's something we strive to achieve in all business decisions we make. From our recycled packaging to our ethically sourced raw materials and state-of-the-art low emission machinery, we are committed to making a difference to the planet.
We only use FSC certified wood in the manufacturing of our gifts and we are SEDEX approved meaning that we are transparent in all that we do. We adhere to strict working standards and labour laws and we try to make processes as efficient as possible to minimise noise and energy usage consumption.
As members of The Woodland Trust, the UK's largest woodland conservation charity, we are also helping to re-plant trees and create native woodland for wildlife and communities to enjoy. The newly planted trees will also absorb carbon dioxide helping us reduce our carbon footprint.
Other companies might feel overwhelmed by the thought of 'becoming green' but there are subtle changes that can be implemented on a day to day basis that all go towards making a difference. These can be as simple as the following:
- Printing on both sides of paper and print in black and white where possible. This reduces paper cost and ink replacement in an instant.
- It might sound obvious but turning off all computers and lights in the evening or when not in use will reduce energy usage.
- Make products with longevity that can be re-used again or for other purposes. Our Wooden Greetings Cards for example will last a lifetime and also make for great desk keepsakes.
- Having plants around the office not only look great but they also absorb negative ions from computers so they are all round pretty cool.
- Encouraging staff members to car share is a great way to be green, it reduces exhaust emissions and also creates more spaces in the car park.
Lastly, we thought we would share this beautiful short film which features some pretty famous faces. Created by the Climate Coalition, 'Show the Love', brings Shakespeare's Sonnet Number 18 to life providing a thought provoking statement for all of us. #showthelove