At Create Gift Love we pride ourselves on manufacturing everything here in our workshop in The New Forest, UK. Using skilled craftsmanship and employing local people means that we have complete control over the gift making process, which in turn ensures premium quality and a contribution to the local economy.
For us 'being green' is a given. It's at the core of everything we do and it's something we strive to achieve in all business decisions we make. From our recycled packaging to our ethically sourced raw materials and state-of-the-art low emission machinery, we are committed to making a difference to the planet.
We only use sustainably sourced wood in the manufacturing of our gifts and we are SEDEX approved meaning that we are transparent in all that we do. We adhere to strict working standards and labour laws and we try to make processes as efficient as possible to minimise noise and energy usage consumption.
As members of The Woodland Trust, the UK's largest woodland conservation charity, we are also helping to re-plant trees and create native woodland for wildlife and communities to enjoy. The newly planted trees will also absorb carbon dioxide helping us reduce our carbon footprint.
Other companies might feel overwhelmed by the thought of 'becoming green' but there are subtle changes that can be made on a day to day basis that all go towards making a difference. These can be as simple as the following:
- Printing on both sides of paper and print in black and white where possible. This reduces paper cost and ink replacement in an instant.
- It might sound obvious but turning off all computers and lights in the evening or when not in use will reduce energy usage.
- Offer products with longevity that can be re-used again or for other purposes. The quality of our handmade items ensures they are made to last, and our recycled gift boxes can be re-used for future gifting or as a storage solution.
- Having plants around the office not only look great but they also absorb negative ions from computers so they are all round pretty cool.
- Encouraging staff members to car share is a great way to be green, it reduces exhaust emissions and also creates more spaces in the car park.
We'd love to hear your what you do to stay green and live sustainably - let us know your best tips in the comment section!